Ladies and Gentlemen,
I welcome you on the occasion of the 19th International & 14th European-African Regional Conference of the ISTVS, to be held in Budapest, capital of Hungary, in 2017.
The ISTVS (International Society for Terrain-Vehicle Systems) has a prominent history of more than 50 years. The Society hosts researchers, professors, experts from all around the world, specializing in vehicle technology, theory of land locomotion, agricultural-, military-, forestry vehicles as well as in planetary vehicle-robots.
International conferences of ISTVS are organized every third year and each event hosts participants from all of the world. Between the international events, the Society holds regional conferences every year. In 2017 the conference will be joint, international and regional as well.
The 19th International Conference of the ISTVS will be hosted in Budapest. This city is the Pearl of Danube, the largest and most exciting metropolis in Central-Eastern Europe, the city of cultural diversity, rich history, beautiful architecture, friendly people, thermal waters and wonderful, relaxing spas.
The organiser – Szent Istvan University – is one of Hungary’s most prominent institutions of higher education in agricultural sciences, agricultural machinery and theory of land locomotion. The University has ten different faculties for study and research and hosts approximately 14.000 students.
All ISTVS members, students, and non-member professionals in the field are cordially invited and warmly welcome to join us in Budapest for the 19th International & 14th European-African Regional Conference of the ISTVS.
See you in Budapest at the conference!
Prof. Peter Kiss
President of the ISTVS
Main topics of the conference:
- Terramechanics, terrain/soil-wheel/tire/track interaction, modeling and characterization
- Advances in mobility, energy transfer, efficiency, ground vehicle dynamics, safety
- Land locomotion, off-road and military vehicles, operation snow and ice
- Agricultural, forestry, construction, and mining equipment and vehicles
- Mobile robotics for ground applications, planet exploration and other environments
- Innovative system designs for terrain and road-vehicle applications